While it is fairly easy to take care of areas of block paving near your house, it is not completely easy to maintain and to be able to keep your paving looking its best it will need routine cleaning. There are also actions that one could take to prevent problems developing with your block paving which can make the maintenance procedure much easier.
Let us take a look at the 5 points that will help keep your drive, path or patio area looking terrific for many years to come:
- Keep weeds away. Weeds will not grow over the block paving from the surface below, however they will begin to grow in the joints in between the stones. Dealing with the area around the joints with weed killer, even if you’re yet to see any unwanted weeds, can help prevent this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely better than cure in cases like this, as established weeds can be tough to shift permanently after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving regularly. Regularly washing your block paving can stop it looking dirty and worn out. The very best method to clean your paving is to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to use this formula on the paving using a brush with tough bristles. These bristles can likewise help eliminate debris from the joints. Here you can easily find much more on EKS Cambridge.
- Deal with algae as quickly as possible. For those who have block paving that is made from stone, then you might encounter problems with algae, and these issues can begin to reveal after just a brief amount of time. Among the most efficient ways to treat algae is to use regular household bleach, and this should be done when you first notice the algae.
- Consider using a power washer. Using a power washer can really enhance the appearance of one’s block paving by getting rid of all the dirt and grime that has accumulated and help recover the paving to its authentic colour. This is not a procedure that needs to be undertaken too frequently however, because over use of power washers can damage the material that the paving is made from.
- Seal the joints in the paving. In case you have a great deal of issues with weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then using a sealant may help. This can help protect the joints and could minimize the quantity of problems you have with unwanted weeds. It may also prolong the life of your block paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn’t need to be a hard or time consuming job, and the more frequently it is carried out, the simpler it will be the next time. If you never ever carry out any upkeep on your block paving, then at some point in the future you will start to discover that it does not look as good as it used to, and the once you get to this point, it can be tough to put things right.